Diocesan Web Hosting
Free Web Hosting and site-creation tools for parishes and related organizations
The Episcopal Diocese of New York offers free state-of-the art web hosting* to its parishes, and to certain other related organizations. This hosting is well-suited both to those who live in horror of technology but still want to have a presentable and fully-functioning website, and to those who wish to push the technological envelope.
Parishes can transfer their existing sites to the new diocesan server, or they can start from scratch.
Read more about what you can get.
*Some size and bandwidth restrictions apply.
- Easily-used site-building tools for websites and blogs, with straightforward easily-comprehensible text entry forms
- Hundreds of templates to choose from or manipulate
- The ability to import your own templates
- The ability to transfer your existing site
- Straightforward mechanisms for uploading video, audio and images.
- Full graphical control panel (cPanel)
- Multiple domains (within reason…)
- Subdomain hosting
- Email, with spam and virus protection
- Mailing lists
- 24/7 Support
- Web-based file manager
For the more technically-minded
- MySQL databases
- Support for all the usual stuff: CGI scripts, Perl, Apache, PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- WordPress, b2evolution, Pivot, Joomla, Drupal, Soholaunch, Mambo, Code Igniter, Coranto and more.
- e-Commerce solutions include Noah’s Classifieds, OpenX, CubeCart, Magento, Zen Cart, and more.
- Photo gallery solutions, RSS/Atom aggregator, polls/surveys.
We offer parishes a pre-built website template built on the WordPress platform, which we will set up for you on our server with a home page that includes all essential information (service times, contact details, map and directions to the church) and up to four additional pages. Instructions are provided for updating the site and adding additional pages and content.
To view an example of this template in use, please visit www.holycommunionmahopac.org.
Mr. Nicholas Richardson
Director of Communications, Editor, Episcopal New Yorker
Mr. Andrew Gary
Assistant to the Chief of Finance and Operations, Communications & Editorial Assistant, Safeguarding Online Manager
Mr. Wayne Kempton
Archivist & Historiographer